The Guide Leadership Training Program is designed to train up young, Christian leaders and enable them to work effectively within the outdoor ministry/recreation industry. The course will take place between July 1-12 2019 and will give participants opportunities to learn through classroom, hands on and in field experiences. The GLT program will include 90 plus hours of training for participants. Upon completion of the program participants will have the skills required to work as an apprentice guide with the Wildside program.
Please Note: 2019 Certificates are still being confirmed. Below are certificates offered in 2018
- Horizontal Cave Guide Certification: 2.5 days
- Flatwater Canoeing: 1 day flatwater skills session
- Rock and Rappel Training: 2 day rock climbing, rappelling and belaying course.
- Standard First Aid: 2 days Training to be done through Lifesaving Society of BC
- Outdoor Council of Canada Field Leader Certification: 2 day
- Biblical Leadership Development: The heart of a guide and Biblical basis for wilderness ministry
- Guide Practice and Procedure: Participants will go learn various hard and soft skills that are foundational to outdoor leadership.
Apprentice Guide Opportunity:
Upon graduation from the GLT program graduates may have the chance to work alongside the Wildside guide team throughout the 2019 season. In this role participants will be given the opportunity to put their training into practice and operate as apprentice guides under the leadership of the Wildside director and lead guides.
Each participant will walk away having grown their sense of adventure, love of creation and of the Creator. Participants will come away with a deeper understanding of Scripture and the role that they play as shepherds to those they lead. They will be put in situations that will stretch them physically, mentally and spiritually. Participants will cultivate a respect for creation and others while growing in their desire and ability to competently lead others in various outdoor adventure contexts.
Apply Online for this program!