Before completing the Auxano Application Form, please:
- Ask three people to be your references, and send them a link to this page. References should be people who know you well, and who are 21 years of age or older:
- Pastor or other spiritual leader
- Employer, supervisor or teacher
- Family or personal friend (character reference)
- Request your transcript from your high school (if you already have it, an emailed scan or photocopy is acceptable)
- Apply by May 31 and your fee is reduced by $500.
- Apply by April 30 and there is no $20 application fee.
- Apply by March 31 and we will also give you a free Auxano hoody upon acceptance!
(Note: completed application and reference forms must be submitted by these dates.)
- Start Date: Sunday, September 8, 2019. Arrival time is 3:00 - 5:00 PM.
- Christmas Break: Three weeks in December/early January.
- Graduation: In the second half of April.
- Breaks: Though Auxano does not have reading breaks, students are given one long weekend per month to go home and reconnect with family and friends.
Requirements and Process:
- High School Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent: Copy of transcripts required (photocopy/scan acceptable).
- Completed application and three references from key leaders in your life.
- Interview: There will be a phone interview with an Auxano leader once your transcript and all references are received.
- Acceptance: We will make our decision about your application within one week of the interview, and contact you by phone or email.
- Criminal record checks are required from all applicants 19 and older, upon acceptance.
- Printed forms can be mailed or faxed to: Camp Imadene Re: Auxano, PO Box 374, Mesachie Lake, BC, V0R 2N0. Fax: 1.250.749.6607
- Auxano Fees: The current cost of the 8-month program is $8250, which includes accommodation, all meals, access to laundry, courses, materials, and activity/transportation costs for all required student activities while Auxano is in session. See above for incentives.
- Additional Costs: We recommend a discretionary budget of about $75/month for personal supplies, phone card, laundry soap, optional activities such as snowboarding and entertainment, treats, extra trips into town and other personal needs.
- Financing: We encourage you to raise support from your church, family and friends as you would for a short-term missions project. Auxano students are not eligible for provincial or federal student loans, and may not be eligible for RESP funds (please check with your fund company).
Payment and Refund Policies:
- A non-refundable application fee of $20.00 must accompany this application in order for it to be reviewed, if application is received after April 30.
- Upon acceptance into the program, a further $200 confirmation fee is due by July 1, 2019
- Fees can by paid by cash or cheque. The $20 registration fee can also be paid by calling the Camp Office with credit card information.
- Payment of the first $4280 is due within three weeks (September 30) of the start date of the program.
- Payment of the remaining $3750 is due within three weeks (January 27) of the start of the spring session.
Once payment is made there is no refund (extraordinary exceptions may apply); however, if a student does not return for the spring session they are not required to pay the remaining $3750.